The EuroGOOS International Conference offers speakers the possibility to deliver oral and poster presentations. Conference presentations and posters will be available on the conference virtual platform during the event and on the conference website for six months following the event.
Deadline: All contributions (slides for live presentation, pre-recorded presentations, and posters) should be submitted to the EuroGOOS Conference Organizing Committee at email@example.com via WeTransfer (or similar) before 26 April 2021, 23:59 CEST.
1. Oral presentations
1.1. Slides for live presentation (Zoom)
Live presenters will have 8 minutes for their presentation, followed by 2 minutes for audience questions; the total time should not exceed 10 minutes.
Tips for slide presentations:
- Start with a goal in mind and identify the key takeaway message(s).
- Keep it short and stick to one point per slide.
- Open with a grabbing statement, ask questions to engage audiences, and end your presentation with a strong close.
- Keep it visual; use text sparingly and rely instead on visuals to communicate complex data.
- Choose a simple layout and an easily readable font.
- Make sure your equipment works properly: test your mic, camera, and screen sharing before you go live.
1.2. Pre-recorded presentations
All authors of accepted papers have the option to submit a pre-recorded video of their paper presentation. Videos should contain a clear view of the presentation slides along with audio and video of the spoken presentation for increased engagement.
Presenters should prepare their recordings to be 8 minutes in length, allowing for 2 minutes of Q&A during the day of the presentation; the total time should not exceed 10 minutes.
Instructions for recording video presentations:
Different software are available for recording audio and video directly in the application. Please find detailed instructions below.
- Follow the instructions here to add audio and video to your slides.
- Follow the instructions here to save your presentation as an MP4 file.
- Follow the instructions here to record video presentations on Mac.
Tips for recording video presentations:
- Prepare your slides and talking points in advance.
- Keep your message short and engaging: what are the key points that your audience should remember or learn?
- Share both your screen and a video of yourself during the presentation; place your webcam at eye level and speak directly to the viewer as you would in a face-to-face conversation.
- Set up your conferencing system in a quiet room. Make sure you use earphones and microphones rather than the default built-in microphone on your computer to improve the audio quality of your video.
- Create a well-lit, professional setting and make sure you have good front natural light.
- Sit or stand straight to better project your voice and speak with impact.
- Run a test before delivering your full presentation.
2. Poster presentations
All posters should be based on the submitted abstract as accepted by the Programme Committee.
Posters should be one page maximum and should include the full name of the author(s), affiliation, and title of the presentation:
- Language: all posters should be in English
- File format: PDF
- Poster size: A2 size (~42 x 60 cm), font size 12, Times New Roman
- Posters can have a landscape, portrait, or square format
- Please do not use headers, footers, hyperlinks, animations, or embedded videos
Two-minute video pitch (optional)
Poster presenters are highly encouraged to submit a short video (2 minutes maximum) summarizing the highlights of their research paper.
Tips for preparing posters:
- The title should be brief, highlight the core content of the presentation, and include relevant keywords.
- Focus on a central message and make sure poster sections flow logically, following a general structure of ‘Introduction → Research → Conclusion’.
- Use clear and concise language.
- Layout should be simple, consistent, and easily skimmable to make important information stand out.
- Practice presenting your poster and get feedback.
3. Uploading presentations
Please send your slides for live presentation, pre-recorded presentations and posters using WeTransfer (or similar) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 26 April 2021, 23:59 CEST. The file name should have the following structure: EuroGOOS2021_<type>_<surname>, where ‘type’ can be oral or poster.
To send your presentations via WeTransfer, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Go to the WeTransfer page here.
- Click ‘Add your files or select a folder’ or drag and drop your file from your PC.
- Type the EuroGOOS Conference address: email@example.com.
- Type your email address.
- Click ‘Message’ and type your presentation title and full name.
- Click ‘Transfer’ and wait until the documents are uploaded.
- You will receive an email notification once the document is downloaded by the organizers.